LOCATION: AUSTRALIAN NATIONAL UNIVERSITY (ANU)
Multiple exciting career opportunities are available at the Advanced Instrumentation and Technology Centre (AITC) hosted by the Australian National University, Research School of Astronomy and Astrophysics at the Mount Stromlo Observatory.
- Postdoctoral Fellow / Research Fellow / Instrument Scientist
- Project Manager Discipline Lead
- Mechanical / Senior Mechanical Specialist
- Instrumentation / Senior Instrumentation
- Systems Engineer / Senior System Engineer
- Optical / Senior Optical Specialist
- Software / Senior Software Specialist
The AITC is committed to recruiting 10 or more new women and women-identifying academic and technical staff at the AITC in the following positions. Those interested can find the position and application details at ANU Jobs.
LOCATION: THE UNIVERSITY OF SYDNEY (USYD)
The University of Sydney currently has the following opening:
- Mechatronics/Optics Engineer with experience in astronomical instrumentation, coding simulations of instrumentation, experience with optical alignment and testing, experience with interferometry (2 year position with opportunity for extension)
Astralis-USyd is composed of a group of laboratories that focus on different aspects of astrophotonics: optical fiber fabricating and testing and development and modification of existing photonics technologies as well as their direct implementation to astronomical instruments.
LOCATION: MACQUARIE UNIVERSITY
Australian Astronomical Optics (AAO) is a recognised world leader in innovative astronomical instrumentation, software, and research with years of experience in design, manufacture, integration and testing of instrumentation. The AAO is part of Macquarie University which is located in the northern region of Sydney.
We have excellent career opportunities that include a suitably qualified and experienced
to join our Research Data & Software team within AAO in the Faculty of Science and Engineering. This is 2 years full-time fixed term position, with possible extension subject to project funding.
In addition, this year Astralis-AAO intends to open the following new positions:
- Instrument Scientist,
- Optical Designer/Optical Engineer,
- Space Systems Engineer,
- Project Manager.